Determine the appropriate transformer?
A transformer is an integral part of any electrical system. It ensures its safety and the perfect fit when needed.Choosing a transformer is an important decision to ensure the right performance of your applications. For this, the following technical characteristics must be determined.To select the right transformer, the following must be determined:
- Network current type (single-phase or three-phase)
- Power (in VA or kVA)
- Primary voltage (input or power supply)
- Secondary voltage (output or use)
- Usage (determines the appropriate standard and protection index)
- Protection rating (IP00 or enclosure)
- Accessories and options (roller bearings, temperature sensors, silentblocs, electrostatic shield, regulation tabs)
- Delivery and installation ?
- What is a transformer ?
- What is an autotransformer ?
- What are typical transformer applications ?
- Who needs an autotransformer ?
- Can a transformer change the three-phase into single-phase ?
- Can a transformer change the single-phase into three-phase ?
- Can a transformers be used in parallel ?
- Can 60Hz transformers run at 50Hz ?
- What is the regulation of a transformer ?
- Why is impedance important ?