What is a transformer?
A transformer is an electrical device that isolates two circuits. That’s why it’s a very important safety organ of any network. It’s called galvanic insulation. The primary and the secondary or secondary have no electrical connection between them, only electromagnetic induction allows the primary to act on the secondary and vice-versa.The transformer also allows you to change the voltage and current between the input and the output. The transformation ratio is identical between primary (input) and secondary (output) as described below:
Primary voltage x Primary current
Secondary voltage x Secondary current
- Delivery and installation ?
- What is an autotransformer ?
- What are typical transformer applications ?
- Who needs an autotransformer ?
- How to choose the right transformer ?
- Can a transformer change the three-phase into single-phase ?
- Can a transformer change the single-phase into three-phase ?
- Can a transformers be used in parallel ?
- Can 60Hz transformers run at 50Hz ?
- What is the regulation of a transformer ?
- Why is impedance important ?
DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION ?
Our team is at your disposal to support you in all your projects.
Please contact us for any information request.